Default Revoking a Power of Attorney

my mother in law suffers from dementia my husband was taking care of her but for legal reasons my brother in law stepped in and had a power of attorney signed by her and her prior doctor naming himself as the first agent and myself as the second ahent just incase for any reason he can not be there. well here is the delima he is not doing exactly right by her spending her finances as he sees fit not as they should my husband wants to take back the power of attorney. now in the power of attorney it says (I revoke any previous power of attorney that has been signed by me) if he has a power of attorney drawn up and signed by her him and me and notorized does that legally revoke the one my brother in law has? Please HELP ASAP I need as little fighting as possible in this family/

Default Re: Revoking a Power of Attorney

if MIL is and was suffering from dementia, MIL may not have had the legal capacity to even allow the POA at all.

as with the current POA, if there is reason to suspect MIL of being not capable of understanding the situation, it would be the same for your husbands new POA as well.

and no, it does not revoke any other POA. A person can have multiple POA's. For the current POA to be terminated, MIL is going to have to do so specifically but again, this dementia thing may play against husband.

1. Sponsored Links