Default Recovering Estate's Assets

This is a murder, creation of false last will and testament, theft of corporate assets, theft of inheritance situation.

I know almost nothing about our legal system except to just stay away from it so don't even know if this is multiple suits - do I need a legal team? If this case is valid? For example my sibling states that there is no statute of limitations on murder so we still can prosecute. Same sibling tells me that if the main perp dies and our inheritance/assets are then given to someone else according to the perp's last will and testament - then we no longer can pursue. We have to pursue while our monies and assets are still in the original perpetrator's possession. Is this true?

There is much more to this story. Parts of it have been prosecuted before but not from our perspective. Some attorneys did fight it pro bono for years because there is the issue of theft or "legalized theft?" of creative properties. I have been told that it is a matter of public record - don't even know the name of the firm. The attorneys lost. The federal government now owns much of the property but they are not who we want to go after. We want to go after the original perp/murderer thief of life and property who created a false last will and testament, lied in court, to the media and to friends and family and now owns everything that the government does not own. We want justice. We lived hard lives for that achievement and we have lived hard lives since. We should have some compensation from what was rightfully ours to begin with.

Default Re: Recovering Estate's Assets

At this point we don't know what state's laws are involved, we don't know what assets are involved, we don't know the history of past litigation, we don't know what the decedent's estate plan said, we don't know who supposedly misappropriated assets, or when, or how....

We don't have the information necessary to even begin to address these issues.

NY State. I don't know the history of past litigation either - just snippets. They forced the elderly family member involved to never speak of it.

Meanwhile, for starters, is our understanding that there is no statute of limitations on murder correct? Does that vary state by state? Or is it federal law? If that is not true for NY state then we can stop right now.

The decedent's estate plan was very fair and gave everybody a piece of the pie. The intended suit is for the perp who intoxicated the victim and forced to sign new unacceptable papers and then murdered. That cannot be tried here. That is what the case is about. The evidence will be presented to the court, not here.

My second question is from hearsay that I would like clarified. We were told that if the perp dies and puts the ill gotten gains in a will for someone else - once that occurs we have no chance of recovering our stolen estate. Is it true that we cannot get restitution from the current holder of our estate if it is no longer in the possession of the perpetrator of the crime?

If I get an unfavorable answer to the first question we can quit right now. If we discover that the perp (who has been maintaining an extremely low profile) has deceased without our knowledge and the answer to the above stated question is that we cannot pursue beyond the original perpetrator, then we can quit again.

I think that there is something very wrong with a system where merely an unproven allegation of hidden offshore bank accounts can get you in decades worth of trouble with the IRS, tying up all assets for decades, devaluing the product, causing loss of business and eventual loss of everything. Meanwhile threatening someone with loss of their entire life's work and that after the case they will be living in the homeless shelter across the street from the courthouse. That is just nuts. But I am not even going to go there. It's history now with the new laws being passed.

I'm not going to play a guessing game. I suggest going back to one of the lawyers who knows the background to all of this.

If you know the statute of limitations on murder/homicide in NY state there is no guessing. I thought that the question was clearly stated.

Likewise, if one can pursue restitution, repatriation of monies and goods if their ownership has been transferred from the original perpetrator to a third party. If not, then perhaps we cannot proceed. Also a very clear question.

Wow - look at all those views and no answers to 2 simple questions!

The original attorney is retired/deceased so not an option.

1. Sponsored Links