Default Criminal Trespass

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Montana

I deer hunt in a area that borders a highly watched private property to make a long story short I shot a buck 80 yards in the public property the buck jumped the fence and died I did nor reliese I had to have permission to recover down game I jumped the fence to gather my deer and was caught I got charged with criminal trespass

My question is I have been working very hard to get into law enforcement how bad will this charge look on my record when they see this?? DO i still stand a chance at my dream Also what is the diff between criminal trespass and trespass in the state of montana?

thank you

s11

Default Re: Criminal Trespass

What do you mean "what is the diff between criminal trespass and trespass"? Sure, there's a civil cause of action for trespass, usually focusing on ending a trespass or recovering damages from a trespass, but how would that possibly be relevant?

I suggest consulting a local criminal defense lawyer about the possibility of getting the charge dismissed, perhaps conditionally, or some other outcome that will allow you to avoid a criminal record, based upon your age, (presumably) clean record, the facts of the offense, and career aspirations.

1. Sponsored Links