Default Re-Entry to US after Voluntarily Departed

My husband was told at the embassy at our home country, that he can never come to America again.

He came to US in January of 2004 as an illegal.
    Tried to leave on his own in April, due to a personal family matter but was stopped in Buffalo, NY, and they gave him notice to appear in court.
    His attorney said that the best option for you it is voluntarily depart.
    He voluntarily departed in July of 2005.
    He wanted to leave voluntarily, so he could come back to the US when he would be allowed.
    My husband has never committed a crime, and has never done anything bad in his life.
    I applied for I-130 for him.
    I did my interview, and they told me that 'here's the visa papers required to fill out for your husband' when he comes for his interview, he'll be denied the Visa at that time, but we'll give him a waiver.
    He just had his interview, and he was told he can never come back to the US? They didn't even give him a chance, or even a waiver, or a 3 year or 10 year period. I feel what they told him is wrong, it cannot be right. I'm his wife, and an american citizen. Please help me with this, I don't know what to do. I want my husband in the United States, but how?

Please Advise

Did the lifetime bar to reentry result from his being determined to have committed fraud in his application for a visa?

Default reply

he has not committed any fraud

Then help us out. Why did he receive a lifetime bar?

1. Sponsored Links