Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Default Subpoena to Appear and Produce

    Signed lease for apartment and paid security deposit for an apartment but told agent I had changed my mind within 24 hours(marital discord), before lease began and never took possession. leasing agent told me I would get my security deposit refunded. They had four other available units at the time. They are now trying to sue me for multiple months of rent and I just received a subpoena to appear and produce. What are my options?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Toledo, OH

    Default Re: Subpoena to Appear and Produce

    Your option is to show up for court as ordered.

    Once you signed the lease, you committed to the contract. Generally speaking, there's no "cooling off" period once the lease is signed - you're expected to perform to the contract or you'll be penalized.

    You'd do well to take an attorney with you.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Request to Produce from Attorney
    By Thomas A Schaad in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
  2. Foreclosure: Produce the Note Works - Here's Proof
    By chuckd in forum Buying, Selling and Conveying Real Estate
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 07:41 PM
  3. Understanding a Request to Produce
    By hornschwaggled in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 08:44 PM
  4. Premises Liability: Fall in a Produce Warehouse in Texas
    By blanchem in forum Accidents and Injuries
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 05:39 AM
  5. Debt Collectors: Creditor Cannot Produce My Signature
    By keeto67 in forum Debts and Collections
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources