Angry Part Time College Attendance and Child Support

My question involves child support in the State of: NEW JERSEY
    MY SON WILL BE NINETEEN ON NOV. 19 HE IS IN COLLEGE BUT ONLY TAKING 4 COLLEGE CREDITS THE REST IS REMIDEAL WHICH TOTALS 12 HOURS A WEEK. MY QUESTION IS IF HE IS FAILING ALL HE'S CLASSES (EXCEPT STUDENT DEVELOPMENT LOL ) CAN I GET HIM EMANSAPATED I MEAN THIS CHILD OF MINE FAILED READING AND WRITING FOR HIS PLACEMENT TEST.
    I NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN STOP THIS ABUSE.

Default Re: Part Time College Attendance and Child Support

Quote Quoting mansupport
    View Post
    My question involves child support in the State of: NEW JERSEY
    MY SON WILL BE NINETEEN ON NOV. 19 HE IS IN COLLEGE BUT ONLY TAKING 4 COLLEGE CREDITS THE REST IS REMIDEAL WHICH TOTALS 12 HOURS A WEEK. MY QUESTION IS IF HE IS FAILING ALL HE'S CLASSES (EXCEPT STUDENT DEVELOPMENT LOL ) CAN I GET HIM EMANSAPATED I MEAN THIS CHILD OF MINE FAILED READING AND WRITING FOR HIS PLACEMENT TEST.
    I NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN STOP THIS ABUSE.
    Welcome to New Jersey child support ....Probably the toughest state for emancipation.

From what I have learned, the people in NJ Child support Agency will tell NCP anything over the phone and do nothing once you hangup, but they are quite friendly on the phone, (when you can get a hold of them).

I talked to several lawyers and they basically they all told me I will keep paying until the child has graduated from College and/or has a full-time job. I have read that if the child has a baby or get married, or enlist in the military.

Or the child reaches the age of 26.

One of the above things has to happen before NJ will even considered emancipating a child.

Your son taking 12 credits so he is a fulltime student. Even if he fails his first semister, he probably get a chance to enroll for spring semister, no matter what his grades are. So I am guessing you have to wait to see if he enrolls for the spring. If he doesn't, you still have to wait until he has a full-time job. Now my question has always been "How do you know if the child is working full-time?". Wait until April 15th every year? I have no answer, so if you find out the answer please let me know. I think the answer is to have NJ child Support Agency send out a letter to the mother everytime a change in life happens i.e. Graduating/failing College, working, baby, military, 26th birthday .....)

Good luck.....

1. Sponsored Links