Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default U.S. Divorce of No-U.S. Residents

    My question involves divorce in the State of: New Mexico

    My ex-boyfirend and I got married in New Mexico during vacations in the US.
    Back in Europe, 2 months after, this marriage was a total failure, incompatibility will be the main reason. We didn't transfer the mariage certificate in our country. How can i ask for a divorce, when all the forms that i can download on the web require to be NM residents ? What is the procedure for non US residents ?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: U.S. Divorce of No-U.S. Residents

    You can't divorce in New Mexico without meeting the state's residency requirements. You should be able to divorce in the country in which you reside, even if you married elsewhere.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Divorce: Permanent Residents Divorcing in Their Home Country (Islamic Divorce)
    By Confus in forum Divorce, Annulment and Separation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 06:51 PM
  2. Divorce or Separation After Relocating, When Not Yet Residents
    By Limited Moon in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 05:56 PM
  3. Can Two Names Be on the Title if They Are Residents of Different States?
    By amo in forum Vehicle Registration and Title
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 08:23 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 11:12 AM
  5. Rent and Utilities: Residents do pay for all the water usage
    By MBSBUSTED in forum Landlord-Tenant Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 10:03 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources