Default Ticket for Violating a One-Way Sign in a Parking Lot

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Maryland (but on Federal property).

Earlier, I got a moving violation ticket for not following a one-way sign within a gas station parking lot. I did go the wrong way against a sign, but the signs were situated at a 90 degree angle to the path of driving, which means I couldn't see them at all until it was too late to turn away, nor did the pathway I was driving on have any signs signifying that it going to become one-way only. The small, perhaps 10 feet-long length of road had enough room for two lanes. Here's a (very crudely drawn) representation of the path I took and the arrangement of the parking lot:

https://imgur.com/VLCWych

Would I be likely to have a decent chance of getting the ticket waived in court, because the signs were pointed 90 degrees from my field of sight, making them not visible until I was too close to turn away? This is my first ticket ever in 14 years of driving, if that matters.

Also, while I was in Maryland when I got the ticket, I was on an army base, and the ticket mailing address is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. If I had a court appointment, would it be in Maryland, or some kind of federal court?

Default Re: Do I Have a Decent Chance of Getting This Ticket Overturned in Court

Who issued the ticket?

Default Re: Do I Have a Decent Chance of Getting This Ticket Overturned in Court

More important is what kind fo ticket. Down at the bottom should be a form number. If it's a state of MD form or it's a federal DD 1805, you're gonna end up in a local court. If it's a DD 1408 or if you're cited for a CFR violation, it's going to be federal.

I don't see a form number, but I was charged under 20-201(a)(1) (which is the Maryland traffic code), and it has USC and State Code checked, but not CFR. The website listed on the back of the ticket under all the instructions is www.cvb.uscourts.gov.

It's a federal ticket then. Did you read the FAQ there? https://www.cvb.uscourts.gov/cvbpayg...ages/faq.xhtml

1. Sponsored Links