Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Default Re: Procedural Guide to Traffic Tickets in Washington State

Barry, First time posting.

But I have used your template MANY times and it is amazing the amount of information you have put fourth on this website. That has furthered my knowledge of Rules/laws of the road within Washington State.
    Thank you for the time and energy you spend on your threads!!

Thanks
    Mike

Hi Barry,
    I've been reading about this negligent driving second degree because I received one earlier today. Sorry to bother you but I would really love some advice. I don't really know who to talk to until I came across you through this site.
    So here's the situation: I was turning left when my drink carrier tilted over, I used my right hand to attempt to catch it and my turn wasn't wide enough. I ended up hitting a car on my left (in the turning left lane) I know... it's definitely my fault. I'm not trying to make any excuses or saying that it wasn't my fault. I just want advice to what I should do. Oh and the officer saw what happened and thats when he wrote me the ticket. He said it should come in the mail tomorrow. What should I do from here?
    I was thinking about deferring it... but remembered that I deferred a speeding ticket about 2 years ago
    Should I subpoena the cop?

btw... life sucks. I just wanted to get starbucks and treat my co-workers and boss out for coffee/tea.
    This is irrelevant but my boss gave me his bank card and said he'll treat the office but I said "no, I got it" and he said "you can't afford it".... turns out I really can't afford it

Thanks in advance for your time.

In another thread, I asked about pleading down to a cell phone violation after observing it happening in court. I'll cross-post the response here because... I think this is probably a good place to find it. Thanks Brendan.

Quote Quoting BrendanjKeegan
    View Post
    Snohomish County Deputy Prosecutors will usually agree to an amended charge. Just find out who they are (ask the clerk) and when they're not busy politely introduce yourself and ask for the amended charge. Do it before the hearing.

Barry,

I just got a infraction for going 5 over. After looking over the infraction I noticed that the officer misspelled the name of a street and he also refers to it as sw when in fact if was the south side of the city, clearly across town. Any ideas on what you would do?

Thank you

This thread only addresses general procedural questions common to all Washington State tickets. Please repost to Moving Violations and Traffic Tickets.

Barry, do you have insight into contesting a ticket based on an airplane clocking me? An officer pulled me over in Thurston County today and said "We have an aircraft in the area and you were clocked going 80 in a 70 mile per hour zone". I am pretty alert and didn't see any plane at all much less one that could radar and identify me. It was quite foggy and cloudy. I am surprised they could even afford to have a plane up (if indeed they did). Do you or anyone else on here have any experience or insight or wisdom to share? I am baffled and frustrated. What would even be the evidence against me?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

You need to start your own thread.

As has been posted MULTIPLE times in this thread:

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    You need to start your own thread. That has been stated repeatedly.

Do not post questions in this thread. Start your own thread.
    I will NOT respond to questions about individual incidents. If you have a general procedural question, please feel free to ask. If you want advice about YOUR case, START YOUR OWN THREAD!!!!

Barry

Hello, Barry. Firstly, I would like to thank you for writing such a helpful guide. Secondly, I have a question regarding moving to dismiss based on IRLJ 2.2 (d). Is this a pre-trial motion? Can you give me any advice on how I should present that my ticket was not filed within 5 days (not including weekends and holidays) of the infraction? I am sorry If this is the wrong place to ask.

Quote Quoting Polymathin
    View Post
    Hello, Barry. Firstly, I would like to thank you for writing such a helpful guide. Secondly, I have a question regarding moving to dismiss based on IRLJ 2.2 (d). Is this a pre-trial motion? Can you give me any advice on how I should present that my ticket was not filed within 5 days (not including weekends and holidays) of the infraction? I am sorry If this is the wrong place to ask.
    You should start your own/new thread and ask your question there.

EDIT: it appears you already have: Moving to Dismiss Based on IRLJ 2.2(D)

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast