Unhappy Requesting Info from Insurance Company

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Washington

I've been reading about speeding law over in that there forum and am debating going the process of deferment, since I'm generally a pretty good driver and got caught in an isolated incident kind of situation, but I'm curious about what a +5mph ticket would cost in insurance rates if I DONT get the deferment. I read on another post that someone said to call the agent and ask, but that sounds like a bad idea (Something like "hey hey I got a ticket, just a heads up!!!). My question is, are the repercussions to calling and inquiring about possible rate increases? Is it admitting guilt and giving them a heads up?

thanks guys,
    josh

Default Re: Requesting Info from Insurance Company

It wouldn't be a big deal to call your agent and ask. You likely have a 6-month or an annual policy and your rates won't change until renewal regardless of what your agent knows.

A good rule of thumb for a single violation is about 10% increase.Varies upon companies and what discounts are being applied but that should be close.

thanks for the response jg. so generally speaking, the type of violation doesn't matter too much? I keep thinking a 5-over ticket is something they'd be hard-pressed to raise rates for, but this IS insurance we're talking about, and they DO love pinching money from us any way we can.

Probably won't be that big of a deal. Might take a look around and compare rates. Maybe look for a company that can offer you discounts for having a home or renters policy. Good luck!

1. Sponsored Links