Default How to Get Birth Certificates

I'm having a problem getting my dad to give me my original birth certificates. And i'm wondering if he's imposing on my civil rights or not.

I really need my originals for some paperwork I need to file. But he won't give them to me, and he's being hostile towards me even though I wasn't mean about it. Does anyone know?

If this is in the wrong section I apologize I wasn't sure where this would go.

Default Re: On Birth Certificates

that birth certificate is the property of your parent, unless of course you paid for it.

You can get copies from the state. They will be certified and legally accepted in place of the original.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    that birth certificate is the property of your parent, unless of course you paid for it.

You can get copies from the state. They will be certified and legally accepted in place of the original.
    As far as I was told birth certificates are the property of who's name is on it. Not the person who paid for it. Once your 18 they are supposed to give them to you is what I was told. I found this out from a govt office yesterday.

I wasn't born in the states, I was born in germany, but i'm classified as a US Citizen born overseas. How would I be able to get a copy from there?

Honestly, I know nothing about obtaining a birth certificate from Germany but a little looking found this:

http://www.toronto.diplo.de/Vertretu...rtificate.html

I hope that helps.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Honestly, I know nothing about obtaining a birth certificate from Germany but a little looking found this:

http://www.toronto.diplo.de/Vertretu...rtificate.html

I hope that helps.
    I did some looking around and there's this site called Vitalchek that has info that can help US citizens get there birth certificates. I'm not sure if it's legit though so i'm checking. I did look at the site you gave me, it has some good info. Thx alot.

I was born outside the US as well. To get a copy of my birth certificate, I contacted the Bureau of Vital Statistics in the capital city of the country where I was born.

However, I should note that while I am a US citizen, I am also a citizen of the country where I was born. So the process may or may not be the same. I believe that if you are solely a citizen of the US but are born abroad, you apply through the State Department, but I could be mistaken about that.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I was born outside the US as well. To get a copy of my birth certificate, I contacted the Bureau of Vital Statistics in the capital city of the country where I was born.

However, I should note that while I am a US citizen, I am also a citizen of the country where I was born. So the process may or may not be the same. I believe that if you are solely a citizen of the US but are born abroad, you apply through the State Department, but I could be mistaken about that.
    ah, so that explains the dual personality traits!!!

j/k

1. Sponsored Links