Default Domestic Violence

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Washington I was recently charged with assault in the 4th degree, false imprisonment, impeding the report of a domestic violence. i had a couple of questions to ask is there anyway to get the charges dropped or reduced so that a domestic violence charge doesnt go on my record. the wife involved i was told has contacted the state prosecuting attorney and has told him she wants to drop the charges but i dont think its going to be that easy as that any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Domestic Violence

Even if your wife wishes to 'drop' the charges, it matters not. The state will continue prosecution if they so choose; "The State of XXX v. You".

You need a good criminal defense attorney to represent you. On your own, you will get nowhere.

Default Re: Domestic Violence

I second Mikey's advice. Get thee a good CD lawyer. Call around and interview a few - some, but not all, give free initial consultations.

The "wife wants to drop the charges" is exactly why the state will continue prosecution if they so desire - it's a key step in the DV cycle and continues to further that cycle rather than stop it. You aren't going to become any different without some serious intervention, and since most abusers don't see that there's a problem, that intervention is often court ordered.

1. Sponsored Links