Default DUI Interlock Violation

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Illinois

History: AZ Drivers license, 5 prior DUI's in 3 different states, all over 7 years old, and 4 months prison served for aggravated DUI.

Interlock required on car for year in order to get license re-instated while in AZ. Arrested for another DUI in IL while driving a car not equipped with the Interlock device. Court date was skipped, and just got arrested for the outstanding warrant with a $50,000 bail!

Do you think this will require more jail time? Or just strict fines & probation from the court?

Default Re: DUI Interlock Violation

If I were the judge, I would put you in jail. You can hope you're lucky with the judge, but I recommend teaming up with a criminal defense lawyer.

5 priors, and you have not yet learned? You must love to spend money on lawyers, etc.

I agree with MrKnowItAll....if I were a judge, you would be doing time, and never have a drivers license again.

In seriousness.....may I suggest a Rehab facility and Alcoholics Anonymous? Along with a lawyer.

If any of the charges are from an AZ court you're most likely in some serious trouble. They don't take drunk driving lightly here at all. Most people get an Interlock after their first DUI and lots of fines. AZ almost lost federal highway funding some years ago because of all the people with 12+ DUIs who still had their licenses. Basically, AZ had to straighten up in that area or face a loss in funding.

1. Sponsored Links