Default Public Defenders for Shoplifting

The fees for a public defender vary,they are free in some courts. I think requirments vary as well. When I went to court for a misdeamanor charge I was able to get a PD .

Default Re: Advice to Shoplifters

What about getting a lawyer? Should I get one for my first court appearance for a Class A Misdemeanor in New York State? The police officer told me I wouldn't need one for the first court appearance.

You definitely want to get a lawyer,you can ask about a legal aid. Plead not guilty,hire a lawyer or find out if your able to get a legal aide. If this is your 1st time in trouble try to get an acd,it will dismiss the charge in 6 months and seal it,if you stay out of trouble. Besides a straight out dismal,that's the best outcome,try and arrange that. The other good result is a reduction to a violation but an acd is better.

You defintely want a lawyer they could help you arrange something hopefully where you can avoid a criminal record,they also speed up the process a lot. Even if it's expensive it's worth it.

can you tell me what happend with you because im in the same situacion and i would like to know what happend in court i had my first court appearance today and they gave me a second date and i nervouse

It depends,sometimes they you have to go a few times.A lawyer can help expalin things to you and give you an idea on what's up. Your gonna go to trail or most likely they will eventually offer your some type of deal. You plead to this and then this will happen.

This where a lawyer can really help I went to court 7 times or so,when I hired a lawyer I was in and out within in 10-20 min,instead of waiting around 2-3 hours and then told hey come by this time. The court is probably just busy,it can take time. It's good to hire a lawyer or inquire about a legal aide.

1. Sponsored Links