My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Florida.

I have a 1 year old with an ex-girlfriend. We were not together at the time of birth but I was there for the paternity test to make sure that I was the father and have since established child support. I have been paying my child support on time, every month since it was established. We never went to court, we just mailed in our financial information and they mailed back how much I would be paying each month. I asked someone at the courthouse about how we should go about getting custody figured out but they said that they didn't deal with that but it was best if we figured it out ourselves and not through the court.

Since then, we have been doing just fine for awhile. I go see him when it is convinent for both of us. However, she will not let me take him anywhere without her. And now she has decided that she does not want me to see him at all mostly because she doesn't like my girlfriend who hasn't done anything wrong.

My question is: What do I need to do to get visitation rights? I just want to see my son, I don't want to take him away from her, something that she doesn't understand. I would love it if it was possible to just pick him up for the weekend and bring him back to her on Sunday or once a week or anything. The thing is, I don't have a lot of money. I'm barely feeding myself at the moment. What is the most least expensive way to go about doing this?

Thanks in advance! I'm sorry for the long question.