Question Can I Ask for Money Instead of Another Repair of My Car

My question involves a traffic accident in the State of: UK
    hi, I have an accident no my fault ,the other party insurance repair the car in the garage they have choosen , but the repair wasn't good. they send an engineer to inspect the car and hi confirm that the repair is not good.the insurance company was trying to get my car back to the garage but I refuse saying that I don't trust that garage and I want to choose my one garage to repair the car or I want to compesate me with cash. so they ask me to make an new estimete and I did , so I want to know do I have a right to ask for a cash or my car have to be repaired.
    thanks

Default Re: Can I Ask for Money Instead of Another Repair of My Car

This is a U.S. board, not a state board. Jokes about Tony Blair aside, you are in an independent country.

I think it's safe to say that you can ask for whatever you want; if you don't ask, you don't get. But I can't say whether under U.K. law you can compel them to give you money if their answer is "no".

thanks for your reply, but there is a new moment in my case ,now they are insisting that I have to return the car to the garage were it was repaired the first time,I would like to know do I have a right to refuse and choose my own garage(or ask for a cash and loose) or it has to be returned to the garage where the car was repaired first time ,which was choosen by the insurance company,
    thanks in advance

This didn't change to a U.K. board since the last time you posted. You should find a U.K. board for your question, or ask a solicitor.

1. Sponsored Links