Default Ordered to Take a Paternity Test Due to Mistaken Identity

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Tennessee

My question is this; i received a letter stating i was being ordered to take a paternity test for a child that couldn't possibly be mine. i have never met the girl that is filing against me and is located 2 hours away from me. also the child was born sept. 2006 and i was a junior in high school with no drivers license and no way to have ever conceivably met her. any advise i have 12 days to appeal from now.

Default Re: Mistaken Identity

the easiest route is to submit to the DNA test and be proven not the father.

Arguing your points are not going to cut it.

would you recommend going through the appeal process? just in case it works and still be prepared for the dna test anyways

although I hate the thought of my DNA being seen by anybody, you will be hard pressed giving enough proof you could not be the father to make it worth the trouble.

They are not going to accept much less than you were out of the country or dead.

Quote Quoting keisan
    View Post
    would you recommend going through the appeal process? just in case it works and still be prepared for the dna test anyways
    The appeal process is going to be lengthy and expensive. One of the problems that you'll face is that by refusing/fighting a DNA test it automatically brings up suspicions that you might be the father.

The process for DNA testing is very simple, does not take a long time, and doesn't cost a dime to you if you are not the father.

So, since you are sure that you are not the father, why not get the problem taken care of right away without any cost to you?

1. Sponsored Links