Default Fell in Restaurant- Broken Knee Cap- 4 Others Fell- Florida

Florida-

Slipped and fell on a restaurant floor (small chain restaurant) and fractured my right kneecap. Didn't think it would be that big of a deal at first until I had to have an immobilizer on for 2 months, 2 months of physical therapy, etc.. lost wages for 4 months now.

The manager came up to us and said " I knew this would happen again " the floors are very slippery and a laminate wood material.

There are at least four other people that have slipped and fallen on this same floor in the last year.

I am not the type of person who sues anyone and never have, however, I am wondering what my chances might be here of recovering something to cover my medical bills and lost wages since they knew of this problem and chose not to do anything about it.

The restaurants insurance company rep calls me every couple of weeks to see what my plans are , etc.. my attorney who is a great guy, told me to take whatever they offer.

I do not know the long term medical outcome here and have had a very slow recovery with potential surgery down the road, according to my orthopedic doctor.

Thanks for any responses.

Default Re: Fell in Restaurant- Broken Knee Cap- 4 Others Fell- Florida

You need to have a sit down with your doctor, and ask him how long he expects you to take to recover. Incidentally, I have the same injury and I am still receiving medical treatment for it 4 years later. Everyone heals at a different rate due to age when injured, weight, types of medical treatment, surgery's etc. Then figure out the amount medical treatment will cost you, add in the amount of time loss you are having, and you need to figure a dollar amount your pain and suffering is worth. Plus add transportation, motels, extra household help if needed etc.

I would look for a different attorney than the one you have. Yours doesn't seem to want to handle your case to your best advantage. Your injury may be permanent. And you could have problems with that knee for the rest of your life.

1. Sponsored Links