Default Will State Education Dept. Notify My Job About Arrest

My question involves criminal law for the state of: New York

I was arrested for criminal possesion of a controlled substance in the 7th degree. Even though my lawyer expects to get it dropped I have another issue at hand. I am a licensed security guard by New York State for a school district and I recieved a Notice of Subsequent Arrest saying that the New York State Education Departments Office of School Personnel Review and Accountability (OSPRA) hase been notified by the Division of Criminal Justice Services that I was subject of the following arrest: and then it just says arrest date, arresting agency, and court information but nothing about what i was charged with. It goes on to say the OSPRA is required to notify employers about arrests of their employees so they are going to send the school I work for a Notice of Subseqent Arrest.

My question is will the school know what I am being charged with on the Subsequent Arrest Notice they receive because if not than when they call me about the arrest notice I am not going to say its a drug charge Ill say it was something else dumb thats doesnt look as bad.

Default Re: Will State Education Dept. Notify My Job About Arrest

When your licensed anytime your arrested and finger printed, Albany contacts your employer,there gonna mail you a notice. Albany gonna want you to reply with any information you have with in 2 weeks. If you work directly for the school they definitely will find out,if it's through a company then that company is gonna receive a paper saying you were arrested and charged with a controlled substance in the 7th degree.

Besides this letter expect another one eventually,it might even come after your case is resolved you still have to notify Albany. If you don't they will suspend you Security License. Whatever the outcome is at court,get a disposition of the case from the court clerk and mail it to Albany. If your contracted through a company it's policy to report any arrest. It's better to tell them right away,rather then later.

first off thank you for the reply....so basically im screwed?? are you sure that the school is gonna be notified of what the exact charge is becuz i was gonna tell my boss that sum guy was fighting wit his girlfriend at a local 7-11 and the girl looked like she was being physically threatened so i went over to diffuse the situation and then an altercation started between me and the guy so we were both arrested.....please let me kno if thats a bad idea and if there is any other way i can go about this without losing my job becuz if i do lose the job i am gonna be in sum serious shit with my bills and wat not

Quote Quoting vwvedmonds
    View Post
    first off thank you for the reply....so basically im screwed?? are you sure that the school is gonna be notified of what the exact charge is becuz i was gonna tell my boss that sum guy was fighting wit his girlfriend at a local 7-11 and the girl looked like she was being physically threatened so i went over to diffuse the situation and then an altercation started between me and the guy so we were both arrested.....please let me kno if thats a bad idea and if there is any other way i can go about this without losing my job becuz if i do lose the job i am gonna be in sum serious shit with my bills and wat not
    Did albany ever notify your employer?

1. Sponsored Links