Default Final Order/Decree in a Paternity Case

First of all thanks for all the advise on this forum. After one year, my case has been heard. Legal Dad wanted his name off birth certificate based on home DNA test. He had to pay for the legal one and after negative result, case dismissed. He wanted to stay in my child's life and I told him to get lost. We have not spoken since.

Bio Dad had DNA test, positive result. CS worksheets filled out. He wants nothing to do with the child and told the judge that. Stupid mistake. He has to pay support with arrearage back to DOB. Has to pay filing fees and half of DNA test, and birth expenses. Has not paid a dime yet.

Changing of the birth certificate was pretty easy. Just take the order to the county of birth and PRESTO, new one made with Bio-Dad on it. He didn't have to be there. Order has to be certified in order change certain documents.

So after the smoke has cleared, I have learned this:

If you sign an AOP, be prepared to pay out the nose if you want to change your mind. Legal Dad lost around $5000. Stay out of the child's life too. You didn't want the responsibility in the first place.

Don't say stupid things in court. It is not in the best interest of the child for you not to have visitation. Child would love you unconditionally. Judge will make you pay dearly for no contact.

As for me, I am totally out of the dating game. I accept full responsibility for my actions. The legal process was emotionally draining. I love my child each and everyday, and I am truly blessed. For those men being there financially and emotionally for the children, I applaud you.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: Final Order/Decree

So this poor child went from having at least a father figure to having none because mom told him to get lost and for some reason, you believe that that was in the best interest of this child who was thrown in the middle of all this foolishness. So much for the village.

I hope you learned one more thing. Promiscuity is not your friend

What does promiscuity have to do with this?

Court Clerk: Legal Father was not a father at any point, so there was no reason for him to be around. Can you honestly want your name off the birth certificate and be a Dad? He is saying he does not want the child. Do you understand that Court Clerk? Now, answer Mr. Knowitall. It better be good too.

I am a parent to many children, and only 2 have my name appear on their birth certificate. He doesn't want the child? He couldn't legally HAVE the child, however, he did request (your owds) to maintain a relationship with that child. What's wrong with that? But for the fact that you won't be getting his money, how is having a relationship with the child WRONG for the child (in comes he's an abusive alcoholic with an extensive record, etc.) The legal father was in fact a father. He was the LEGAL father until the court decided he wasn't. Someone who wants to get the heck away from a kid doesn't then just say "let me have a relationship with him." You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

There was at one time 4 children living in my home and only 2 belonged to me. I fed them, educated them, nurtured them, listened to them, corrected them, disciplined them... all like I would have done if I had given birth to them myself. I just don't have to pay child support for them.

Now that's much better, you don't have to use a nasty opinion in your posts. I have read many of them and you have chased a lot people away. Legal Dad had a choice as I did. He was offered a prenatal DNA test before this got way out of hand. He was emotionally abusive and he would have done the same thing to the child, if I let him. To the curb he went. What would you tell the the child if you were legal Dad? I love you so much, but you aren't worth having my last name. He didn't want to adopt child either. Legal Dad would be nothing more than the cousins you see once a year at a funeral. Money??? Legal and Bio Dad don't have any of that. Legal system took it. I'll be keeping my eye on you Court Clerk. I will let you know if your posts are too ugly.

Keep your eye on me. Perhaps some of my common sense would rub off on you (now that was ugly).

What do you tell your son? Well, your mother decided to sleep with someone else, then lie to the state when she filled out a LEGAL document naming someone other than your father your father. Be that as it may, I decided that you having SOME type of a father is better than the no father your mother would like for you to have because she obviously doesn't realize that in about 10 years there is going to be some tremendous void that you have. I mean, I was good enough to sleep with, I was good enough to let the state call you my son for a while...But such is life, she's going to do what makes her feel better and put this all out as being "in your best interest." Lesson son, remember that the person you have sex with, you have to be connected to for the rest of your life, whether you like it or not. Even if they make assinine decisions like your mother did. So, think VERY clearly about the things you choose to do, some things, once they're done, you can't take back, unless it's an acknowledgment of paternity within the statute.

Many people come to this site with geniune problems hoping to find some help- perhaps trying to turn a bad situation around. They don't need to be reminded that they have done something wrong or be judged for their mistakes.

No wonder the state of California is in the toilet. Court Clerk needs to be assigned to boarder patrol. (That's more ugly) One vote Nov.3 for Court Clerk.

1. Sponsored Links