Default Comprehensive Immigration Reform

How are you guys feel about it? It will happen? When? How? Conditions?

Default Re: Comprehensive Immigration Reform

Senator Lou Dobbs will propose legislation to make it illegal to immigrate, then Senator Limbaugh will unthinkingly make what he believes to be a friendly amendment making it retroactive to 1600, and then pretty much everybody in the country will be deported.

Hmmm... I don't think we need immigration reform. We need to focus on protecting our national borders.

We need reform reform, and we need it now.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    We need reform reform, and we need it now.
    Reform reform? What do you mean? Are you proposing amnesty?

I wish we could deport the illegals! Think of how many jobs that would create? But, it's not very realistic. There are 20 million illegals on our soil. I doubt we could ever find them all.

Quote Quoting blueeagle
    View Post
    I wish we could deport the illegals! Think of how many jobs that would create? But, it's not very realistic. There are 20 million illegals on our soil. I doubt we could ever find them all.

What does an illegal do? Do they take jobs away from legal Americans?
    Who do you know who will go out in 95 degree humid heat and pick tomatoes for minimum wage? Do you know anyone who will clean your dirty nasty bathrooms and kitchen for minimum wage day in and day out with out missing a day because the NEED the money?
    Is the illegal someone who avoids taxes and used government supplied health care?
    Or is the illegal the sweet old lady who decorates cakes at the local grocery store. Who pays her taxes, pays for her health insurance, and never misses a day of work?

There is more to the immigration reform than just kicking out all the illegal immigrants.

I live in a community that was built by them. If they weren't here the community wouldn't be either.

Quote Quoting jmjens2
    View Post
    Do they take jobs away from legal Americans?
    Yes.
    Who do you know who will go out in 95 degree humid heat and pick tomatoes for minimum wage?
    I did it when i was younger.
    Do you know anyone who will clean your dirty nasty bathrooms and kitchen for minimum wage day in and day out with out missing a day because the NEED the money?
    My aunt does it.
    Is the illegal someone who avoids taxes and used government supplied health care?
    Some do, yes.
    Or is the illegal the sweet old lady who decorates cakes at the local grocery store. Who pays her taxes, pays for her health insurance, and never misses a day of work?
    I've never met an illegal like this, but Im sure they do exist.
    There is more to the immigration reform than just kicking out all the illegal immigrants.
    Sadly we'll never be able to remove all of them. Our estimates place the number of illegal immigrants somewhere between 12-20 million.
    I live in a community that was built by them. If they weren't here the community wouldn't be either.
    Good for you. I live in a community that has gone to hell because of illegal immigration.

BE, You just hit a homerun Buddy. And one of my teenagers would gladly be the minimum wage guy selling peanuts in the bleachers.

To fix the problem, you must first undrestand the problem. Why do the Citizens of Mexico emmigrate to the U.S. in such large numbers?

A: Because their Government is fleecing them even worse than our Government is gouging us. If you could swim a river, or jump a fence, and increase your earning potential from $8 a day to $8 an hour, You'd do it to.

How do we fix it?

A: Easy, we annex Mexico and overthrow their Government. Then we force our minimum wage upon them. No need at that point to round up the illegals, cause they wont be illegal. A majority of them will migrate back to where they came from though, once they can earn an honest living.

In the process of doing this we also close a great deal of the economic black hole we know as NAFTA.

What ya think BE, is this a good plan?

Quote Quoting Joshuadeuce1
    View Post
    BE, You just hit a homerun Buddy. And one of my teenagers would gladly be the minimum wage guy selling peanuts in the bleachers.
    Of course. But I don't know any illegal who makes 8 dollars an hour. The average illegal in my community earns roughly 15 dollars an hour. I know one guy who's making TWICE that much as a bricklayer!

A: Because their Government is fleecing them even worse than our Government is gouging us. If you could swim a river, or jump a fence, and increase your earning potential from $8 a day to $8 an hour, You'd do it to.
    Possibly, but I would never do so unless I was able to speak the native language of the country I was entering into!

I believe Russia is a very beautiful country, but I would never move there. Why? Because I'm don't speak Russian, and I refuse to expect Russia's 140,000,000 people learn English just to accommodate my needs. Why can't these illegals show the us the same courtesy I'm showing the people of Russia?
    A: Easy, we annex Mexico and overthrow their Government. Then we force our minimum wage upon them. No need at that point to round up the illegals, cause they wont be illegal. A majority of them will migrate back to where they came from though, once they can earn an honest living.

What ya think BE, is this a good plan?
    Not crazy about annexing a sovereign nation. Why don't we just bring the troops home from Iraq and put them on the U.S. Mexican boarder?

1. Sponsored Links