Default Preparing for TBWD

Hi,

My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: CA, SD county

I am preparing for a TBWD for a ticket I talked about in this thread: 22350 Ticket for 48 in 35 by CHP Motorcycle with Radar

The survey I got from the county is more than 7 years old. Also, it doesn't necessarily justify the speed limit of 35, but rather the speed should be 40.

I got caught on radar going 48 in 35.

I need help with strategy for TBWD and in general, help with what to write for best effect.

First, my ideas:
    I am thinking about claiming an illegal speed trap because of the following:
    1. The road is classified as "Light Collector", not a local road/street
    2. The survey is more than 7 years old and there is no evaluation from an engineer. The survey is dated March 8, 2002. The ticket was issued on September 15, 2009.

Next, proper strategy:
    Since I am trying to do a basic speed trap case based on the engineering survey, should I request any documents or any other information from the DA?
    Should I request an extension of the due date? Right now, it is November 16, 2009. I can get a 30 day extension. Would this help or hurt with a written trial, having the due date during the holiday season?

Finally, help with the written declaration:
    I am planning on pleading not guilty and declaring the road an illegal speed trap.
    I need help with proper phrasing of this, as I have never done this before, and I am not sure where to start. I read the TBWD form, and I need to write my declaration there, and include any evidence. Do I need to attach a copy of the survey I got from the County? The court should have this on file.
    Can I simply state that the road constitutes an illegal speed trap because the survey is outdated?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Default Re: Preparing for TBWD

There's so much background to this in your other thread, it may have been better to continue that discussion rather than starting a new one.

I wouldn't seek an adjournment of a TBWD simply for the sake of adjourning the case. I don't think it will affect the outcome. IMHO you should submit a copy of anything you believe to support your claims to your submission; do not expect the court to go seeking out and pulling records you don't supply.

1. Sponsored Links