My question involves judgment recovery in the State of: CA

I have two judgments that I would like to satisfy, but I'm not sure how to go about getting a reduced payoff. I am without income/assets and live outside of the country. I do, however, have a small sum of money that I would like use for payment and resolve these debts.

Do I call the creditors or lawyers on the court papers to negotiate? What do I ask for in writing before sending the money? I do not have enough to pay the full judgment, or the interest/fees that will certainly be added. What are the chances that they will go for my deal? The original judgments were for about $5,000 and $4,000. I can offer 50% right now.

If they don't take my offer, then I will have to use that money to file chapter 7 while I'm here. I have no other money to offer.

Thanks in advance.