Question Co-Signer MIA

My question involves an auto loan or repossession in the State of: New Jersey. I'm the primary signer and my ex is the co-signer (not by choice) I told the loan officer at the car dealer that I didnt want to be primary, what happened after that I have no clue. We broke up, he stopped paying and now the bank is after me. I'm only on the loan, everything else is in his name. I just recieved a letter saying I have one week to pay in full a little more then half of what is owed. I never used the car or did I see it. Now he is MIA and I'm terrified to call these people and explain the situation. I'm a struggling student working two jobs to pay my bills and my own loans. Please Help....

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Default Re: Co-Signer Mia

Quote Quoting vanesa80
    View Post
    My question involves an auto loan or repossession in the State of: New Jersey. I'm the primary signer and my ex is the co-signer (not by choice) I told the loan officer at the car dealer that I didnt want to be primary, what happened after that I have no clue. We broke up, he stopped paying and now the bank is after me. I'm only on the loan, everything else is in his name. I just recieved a letter saying I have one week to pay in full a little more then half of what is owed. I never used the car or did I see it. Now he is MIA and I'm terrified to call these people and explain the situation. I'm a struggling student working two jobs to pay my bills and my own loans. Please Help....
    Help with what? You'll need to pay your financial obligation or ruin your credit before you start out your life. Along with your first real job will be your first real lawsuit and first real wage garnishment.

Default Re: Co-Signer MIA

Sorry, but you are the primary signer and, therefore, responsible for the loan.

1. Sponsored Links