I am retired form the military. While on active duty, another military member gave birth to my son. Since we were not married, and I was not present at the birth, my name does not appear on the Consular Report of Birth Abroad (form FS-240). Although there is some information on the State Dept. web site, I still haven't figured out what documentation I need to add my name to this form. I also feel like I have no parental rights, since I'm not recognized by any authority as his father. Since he was born abroad, no state has jurisdiction over this matter it seems. He lives in Florida with his mother, and I live in Pennsylvania. Does anyone know how I can cut through the red tape and establish my parental rights?