Unhappy Inadmissible to the U.S. for Five Years

Hey all,

Just yesterday, I was barred from entering the US for a period of 5 years. I'm in a struggling band & since we need every dollar to go towards lawyers debts...we opted not to get proper paper work, instead, just put all money made straight back into our debt. This was a huge mistake since we got stopped at the US border and eventually got denied entrance for misrepresenting our reason for entry. The other band members got a slap on on the wrist but since I had been turned away before (which wasn't on there computer records at all...I decided to be fully honest and admit to it) they barred me from entering the US for 5 years (section 235(b)(1) or 240 of the act).

This poses a couple immediate dilemmas for me:

1. I'm the best man at one of my best friends weddings next week in Hawaii. Suppose to leave Oct 16th.

2. My band can't do anymore shows in the US until I can get this banned lifted or pardoned.

Any suggestions on what I can do to at least get a pardon next week so I can still be the best man at my friends wedding. My band doesn't have any scheduled dates in the US at this point but were in deep talks about doing long tours in the US next year.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time.

Default Re: Inadmissible to the U.S. for Five Years

You need an attorney.

Don't make your situation any worse by violating any more laws just to be in yor friend's wedding.

Your situation is on your own making. It is minor in the problems the USCIS/ICE/DHS sees.

Default Re: Inadmissible to the U.S. for Five Years

Quote Quoting JRS
    View Post
    Hey all,

Just yesterday, I was barred from entering the US for a period of 5 years. I'm in a struggling band & since we need every dollar to go towards lawyers debts...we opted not to get proper paper work, instead, just put all money made straight back into our debt. This was a huge mistake since we got stopped at the US border and eventually got denied entrance for misrepresenting our reason for entry. The other band members got a slap on on the wrist but since I had been turned away before (which wasn't on there computer records at all...I decided to be fully honest and admit to it) they barred me from entering the US for 5 years (section 235(b)(1) or 240 of the act).

This poses a couple immediate dilemmas for me:

1. I'm the best man at one of my best friends weddings next week in Hawaii. Suppose to leave Oct 16th.

2. My band can't do anymore shows in the US until I can get this banned lifted or pardoned.

Any suggestions on what I can do to at least get a pardon next week so I can still be the best man at my friends wedding. My band doesn't have any scheduled dates in the US at this point but were in deep talks about doing long tours in the US next year.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time.
    There is no way you are going to get anything accomplished in one week. Further, your chances of getting the ban lifted are only about 5%.

You would need a very good attorney to get it done at all. You would need your own Genie to get it done in a week.

The wheels of the ICE just don't move that fast.

Unhappy Re: Inadmissible to the U.S. for Five Years

I knew it was a long shot but I appreciate the input. Thanks

1. Sponsored Links