Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Fresno, CA

    Default Can You Shorten Felony Probation

    Felony Probation Term Shortened

    Hi. I have a felony DUI charge on my record and have been sentenced to 5 years felony probation. I have served a little over a year and have completed a 1-yr substance abuse program. I would like to know if it is possible, once the fines have been paid, to petition the court for a reduction in my sentence.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: Can You Shorten Felony Probation

    Yes, you can petition the court for an early termination of probation per PC 1203.3. No, they do not have to grant it. You may want to consult an attorney to get some idea of the odds of success in your area.

    - Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

    Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

    -- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ...

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Rental Agreements: How to End or Shorten a Lease
    By ager in forum Landlord-Tenant Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 06:20 AM
  2. Driver's License Reinstatement: How to Shorten a BMV Driver's License Suspension
    By arnojaosn in forum Driver's Licenses
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 08:48 AM
  3. Probation and Parole: Can I Shorten My Probation?
    By swrobbie in forum Probation, Parole and Incarceration
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 09:01 AM
  4. Emancipation: Can You Shorten The Emancipation Process
    By Free_Bird74 in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 02:15 PM
  5. Probation and Parole: Felony Probation to Unsupervised probation
    By phelix in forum Probation, Parole and Incarceration
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Legal Forms - Buy easy-to-use legal forms.