Default Birth Certificate Signed by Unwed Father Who Was Lied to

My question involves paternity law for the State of: New York In 5/08 i signed the birth certificate of my daughter as her father. I am not married to her mother.In 07/09 i found an e- mail from her mother telling another man he was the father. I had no idea she had been with another man and was lied to before and after the child was born and told she was mine. After seeing this e-mail i had a dna test done and am 100% excluded as the biological father. What are my legal responsibilities and or remedies at this point. I look at this child as my own, but i want nothing to do with her mother. Can the biological father step in get visitation rights? Am i still legally obligated to support this child when another man can claim to be her father? This is such a mess i could really use some good advice but can't afford legal fees.

Default Re: Birth Certificate Signed by Unwed Father Who Was Lied to

Can the biological father step in get visitation rights?
    He can, once a court ordered DNA test is completed, step in and pursue CUSTODY if he so desires.
    Am i still legally obligated to support this child when another man can claim to be her father?
    As you are still the child's LEGAL father, yes, and you will remain responsible unless and until your paternity is legally disestablished - either by her biological father's action or your own.

1. Sponsored Links