Default Severely Brain Damaged Baby

My question involves medical malpractice in the state of: Nevada

My son was born extremely premature, 17 weeks early and had multiple normal head ultrasounds (at least 10). At around 12 weeks into his hospital stay he had to have bowel adhesions repaired. After surgery, the medical staff failed to monitor his electrolytes, even though it was obvious that his urine output had diminshed and he was extremely swollen (so much so that his eyes were swollen shut). His potassium levels were extremely high, around 8 i believe... which caused him to code (twice). The ischemia (lack of oxygen) caused severe brain damage (mulitcystic encephlamalacia). Neurologists have little hope that he'll ever be able to walk or talk. Is the negligence of monitoring electrolytes after surgery considered medical malpractice? Do we have any course of action?

Thank you.

Default Re: Severely Brain Damaged Baby

Although I am not a medical malpractice expert, I can tell you that this is gross medical malpractice. Also my condolences for everything you have gone through and will be going through. It is totally unexcusable.

He coded twice and these idiots couldn't figured it out the first time? I am sure they will have some excuse, but it will never stand up.

Find the best medical malpractice attorney in your town.

Default Re: Severely Brain Damaged Baby

I am so sorry you're having to deal with this.

If I were in your position, I would take my child's entire medical file in to be reviewed by an attorney specializing in medical malpractice, as whether a suit would be feasible is determined by all of the medical facts at hand.

The attorney will then advise you how best to proceed. Initial consultations are usually free.

1. Sponsored Links