Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default Minor Wants To Move to Another State

    My question involves emancipation laws for the State of: North Carolina

    A few months ago my mother kicked me out of her house and sent me to Georgia with my father. Now she has stated many times I can not come back to live with her. However things are not working out with my father either and I have a friend I can stay with in North Carolina. The troubles are my mother is still my gaurdian. Now I know in Georgia and I have asked the cops, they will do nothing to me if I move out. What if I go to North Carolina and both my parents call the police? My father already stated he would do so and I know my mother will. Will the police make me come back? What will happen?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006

    Default Re: Georgia to North Carolina Moving

    In any state, if your parents make enough of a fuss, you can be forced to return.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Can I Move Out of State with Minor Child if I Have Sole Physical and Legal Custody
    By LissetteT in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 08:49 PM
  2. Minor Wants to Move Out
    By illbill30 in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 05:58 PM
  3. Relocation: In Order to Move Out of State With the Kids, Do I Need a Move Away Order
    By patrioticraven in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 07:51 AM
  4. Kidnapping: Is It Illegal for a Minor to Bring a Minor Over State Lines
    By bobyahoo in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 07:28 AM
  5. Emancipation: Can a Minor Move Out Once They Get Their Diploma
    By huck in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources