Default Reentry After a Conviction

Hi there I immigrated to Chicago with my family in 1997 and we recived green cards I was 12 at the time. I was convicted of unlawful possession of a controlled substance a 10th of a gram of cocaine and recived 2 years 14/10 probation. I was not aware that I will face immigration issues because of it. My father hired a lawyer and we tried a post conviction relief and also we applied for a pardon from the Governor of Illinois. I had to leave the US because of a deportation order I left voulentarily. We are waiting on decisions from the Governor and from the Post Conviction Relief .........My Family are all US citizens. My question is which of these is more likley to go throught my attorney said we have a strong case with lots of merit. I understand that I can regain my Green Card status if I get the pardon of the Post conviction relief ........also can the judge lower my sentance to help me out .........Thank you in advance....Simon

Default Re: Reentry After a Conviction

You were convicted of an aggravated felony.

This carries a lifetime ban. There is nothing to be done for it. Even a pardon - which the governor of the state of Illinois is exceedingly unlikely to grant for a drug charge - will not help you return to the US.

OK I see but what you dont know is that It can be done i spoke with the best immigration lawyers in Chicago and with the Governors Office and it can be done but no you dont know all the detail and dont know the law that well and i have noticed that you give people answers which are useless and hopeless. Its people like you who make me sick you thing you know it all but you dont know anything about immigration law

if you dont know what you talking about dont say it

screw you *****

What makes you think you're so special that the governor is going to pardon you? And even if he did, what makes you think it will clear your record? The Illinois Supreme Court says it doesn't. And even if it did clear your record, Immigration can still see it and you're still banned for life - read here, here and here.

If you've got all these awesome lawyers telling you that you're coming back with no problems, what in Dante's seven Hells are you doing, crying for help in a free information forum?

Go beg your high-priced lawyers for help, see if they'll tell you what you want to hear, instead of what's correct.

As we have no information about the basis for your claim for post-conviction relief, we have no way of telling you what your odds are of getting it. In the general, randomly selected person seeking post-conviction relief, sense, the odds are very low - but the facts of your case are what matter. If you can get the conviction set aside on the basis of actual innocence, you may be able to get somewhere. Getting the conviction charged reduced may (but won't necessarily) help, but you don't indicate that our hotshot lawyers are trying that approach suggesting that they don't think it's viable. Getting your conviction reversed, pardoned or expunged on a basis other than actual innocence will not change the manner in which the USCIS regards your conviction.

1. Sponsored Links