Hybrid View

Default Arrest Record

My question involves criminal records for the state of: IL

7 years ago my husbad and i were arguing/fighting and he called the cops. After talking to us they arrested me and took me to jail. The next morning they let me go. The judge spoke one line with me....don't get so angry again or fight with your husband. I do not even know why or what the charge was. I went to the county court clerk and they said there was no record. The night of the arrest i was taken there. I looked online and no record. why can't i find a record. was that not an arrest???they did fingerprint me..kept me one night ..next morning the judge said i can go and nothing else was told. nobody said anything about any charges and i never asked. Where can i find the record or to find out what that incident meant. please respond

Default Re: Arrest Record

It sounds like you where never formally charged, thus they can not keep record of the arrest. I am not a lawyer so I don’t know for sure, but I had a friend who was never formally charged and it was not on his record either.

The only thing you might be able to find is a copy of the police report.

After doing some web research it sounds like you where arrested and it should show up on records. I thought that you might have been detained (which would not show up). But from what I have read the fact that you spent the night and where finger printed ETC…that is an arrest. I have no idea why it is not on your record.

Once again I would try and get a hold of the police report.

Sorry I could not be more help

1. Sponsored Links