Default Whiplash Lawsuit

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Wisconsin

I found out yesterday that a process server came to my former address (which is my parents house) looking for me. I'm guessing that someone I rear ended more than a year ago has decided to sue me for whiplash. I'm not sure why they waited so long to file suit but i'm afraid they did some research and found out that my dad is a rich man. At the time i was covered under my parents insurance policy but i am no longer supported financially by my parents and I myself am not wealthy. I'm worried that I will be sued for a rediculous amount of money. Does anyone know an average amount that plaintiffs get for whiplash claims? Also does anyone know how long you have in Wisconsin to file a whiplash claim?

Default Re: Whiplash Lawsuit

Turn the claim over to your insurance company, and let them worry about the rest.

You're not going to find a reliable source for the "average amount" of verdicts or settlements of "whiplash claims", nor would an average be relevant to what's going to happen in your case. Whiplash ranges from a minor muscle strain that clears up in a day or two, to serious cases where the vertebrae of the neck are chipped or cracked.

It does not matter that you are not covered by their insurance now. You were at the time of the accident. Turn it over to the insurance company. They will defend you and pay any judgment. They know most "whiplash" claims are nonsense and have very experienced lawyers to fight these things.

Quote Quoting SithLord
    View Post
    My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Wisconsin

I found out yesterday that a process server came to my former address (which is my parents house) looking for me. I'm guessing that someone I rear ended more than a year ago has decided to sue me for whiplash. I'm not sure why they waited so long to file suit but i'm afraid they did some research and found out that my dad is a rich man. At the time i was covered under my parents insurance policy but i am no longer supported financially by my parents and I myself am not wealthy. I'm worried that I will be sued for a rediculous amount of money. Does anyone know an average amount that plaintiffs get for whiplash claims? Also does anyone know how long you have in Wisconsin to file a whiplash claim?
    well in my state u have up to 3 years to file a claim. during those 3 years you can receive all the necessary treatment to fix your problem. I highly doubt they found out ur dad is rich, i think they were just undergoing treatment and now that it's over they decided to file a claim. If you had insurance at the time you should be covered by that insurance to some extent.

if you check insurance stmts ..

If the injury is minor whip lash (strain /sprain of C spine).... only a few thous.

(most common) due to head rests in cars

if there is a broken spinous process of the 5th cervical vert. aka clay shoveler fracture... about 50 grand

if there is paralysis or death ....in the millions

1. Sponsored Links