Default Bank Account Levy After a Civil Judgment

I was not properly served and only found out when my bank send me a collection letter for a negative balance of $100 something or whatever.
    What happen was Capital One filed a claim against me and won and they put a levy on my bank account which I had no funds in there, maybe 200 bucks.
    I do not know how much they try to take out but this happened around Dec of last year when I found out.
    From my credit report I see that Capital One won a civil judgment against me in the amount of $7xx.
    My bank accounts are closed because I am afraid of the levy. I suspect my wages will be garnished if they found out I'm working again. I recently opened a new bank account and making deposits into it with no problem.

What should I do now ? I am from New York City. I want to fix at the lowest cost and get this off my credit report / and not to have a levy placed on my account.

How much do I really have to pay now ? 863 or a settlement or is it 863+ all other costs + interest ?
    Thank You!!!

CIVIL COURT OF THE CITY Docket# xxxxx
    141 LIVINGSTON ST
    BROOKLYN , NY 11201
    (347) 404-9021
    Type:
    Civil Judgment
    Court Type:
    Circuit Court
    Date Filed:
    10/2008
    Responsibility:
    Individual
    Plaintiff:
    CAPITAL ONE BANK USA N
    Amount:
    $863
    Estimated date that this item will be removed: 09/2015

What should I do ? , What would you do ? What's the best to do for a consumer that does not have much funds.

Thank you all, I appreciate it.

Default Re: Bank Account Levy After a Civil Judgment

A Levy is a "ONE SHOT" deal, they try to take whatever you owe, but if there isn't enough in there, they take what is.....Also, your bank charges you $100 as a fee for the Levy as well. If your talking less than a grand, I'd advise you to work out a payment plan if possible, Good Luck

do i contact capital one myself or should i get an attorney to negotiate on my behalf ?

Also, what are the chances of paying off the debt and having the judgment removed from my credit report ? Is this possible ?

Quote Quoting stincz
    View Post
    I was not properly served and only found out when my bank send me a collection letter for a negative balance of $100 something or whatever.
    What happen was Capital One filed a claim against me and won and they put a levy on my bank account which I had no funds in there, maybe 200 bucks.
    I do not know how much they try to take out but this happened around Dec of last year when I found out.
    From my credit report I see that Capital One won a civil judgment against me in the amount of $7xx.
    My bank accounts are closed because I am afraid of the levy. I suspect my wages will be garnished if they found out I'm working again. I recently opened a new bank account and making deposits into it with no problem.

What should I do now ? I am from New York City. I want to fix at the lowest cost and get this off my credit report / and not to have a levy placed on my account.

How much do I really have to pay now ? 863 or a settlement or is it 863+ all other costs + interest ?
    Thank You!!!

CIVIL COURT OF THE CITY Docket# xxxxx
    141 LIVINGSTON ST
    BROOKLYN , NY 11201
    (347) 404-9021
    Type:
    Civil Judgment
    Court Type:
    Circuit Court
    Date Filed:
    10/2008
    Responsibility:
    Individual
    Plaintiff:
    CAPITAL ONE BANK USA N
    Amount:
    $863
    Estimated date that this item will be removed: 09/2015

What should I do ? , What would you do ? What's the best to do for a consumer that does not have much funds.

Thank you all, I appreciate it.

In order to clear this up in the quickest fashion, you will need to pay the full amount. The judgement creditor does not have to negotiate with you.

Can judgment be removed from credit report ? or will it always be there until the end date ? like 5 years after the incident.

1. Sponsored Links