Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Psych Eval for Custody

How do you go about getting the other parent a psych evaluation in the state of CA?

File it with the courts?

Mediation?

Worth it if it could possibly damage the child?

Default Re: Psych Eval for Custody

I'm not sure why you believe a psych evaluation is needed. I don't know why you would think it could damage your child. But I'm not personally inclined to do anything that I believe will damage my child.

If you want a court to order a psych evaluation, you bring a motion.

Are you thinking that parents with mental disabilities don't damage their child in one way or another?

When a parent is unstable in the mind; have multiple personalities, Jeckyl and Hyde, a pathological liar, etc and the child seeing these things, questioning me and others about it. Plus parent is trying to establish a relationship with child, but is greatly affected everytime child comes back home...

I mean, maybe you only do these things when the parents are talking to people onthe walls... what's the purpose of a pysch evaluation then, in your mind? I'm just not understanding why I'm given the 5th degree when I am trying to protect child from a possible scarring and a dangerous situation.

Quote Quoting mrshiggins
    View Post
    Are you thinking that parents with mental disabilities don't damage their child in one way or another?

When a parent is unstable in the mind; have multiple personalities, Jeckyl and Hyde, a pathological liar, etc and the child seeing these things, questioning me and others about it. Plus parent is trying to establish a relationship with child, but is greatly affected everytime child comes back home...

I mean, maybe you only do these things when the parents are talking to people onthe walls... what's the purpose of a pysch evaluation then, in your mind? I'm just not understanding why I'm given the 5th degree when I am trying to protect child from a possible scarring and a dangerous situation.
    Hold up.

Unless you are a licensed mental health professional with direct personal experience with the person in question, your opinion of another person's mental health state is worthless.

In other words, just because YOU think the other person is wacky doesn't mean a darn thing.

Quote Quoting mrshiggins
    View Post

NO, even if a parent does have a mental illness they do NOT automatically do any damage to thier children.

However, parents who go out of their way to play games using thier children in thier battles against the other parent, almost always ends up causing problems for thier child.
    from reading your posting history, if anyone is possibly harming your child, it just might possibly be you because you are certainly going out of your way, grasping at straws to prevent your child from know thier other parent.

As was already advised, if you have some proof, you can file a motion in court asking for an eval, but you should expect that one might be ordered for you also.

Quote Quoting mrshiggins
    View Post
    I was supposed to read something other than what you posted here to figure out what you had in mind? Or was I supposed to guess? If the facts not important enough for you to share here, why should I think they're so important that I have to hunt for them?

You need to decide if you're trying to protect the child with a psych evaluation, or if you're jeopardizing your child's mental health by demanding one. If you're not sure which is worse, I suggest you work with a lawyer and mental health professional to make an appropriate, informed decision.

Question Re: Psych Eval for Custody

Mrshiggins - I am curious as to why the child's father does not ask these questions. Why does he delegate all of these legal questions to you?

Quote Quoting 525601minutes
    View Post
    Mrshiggins - I am curious as to why the child's father does not ask these questions. Why does he delegate all of these legal questions to you?
    If you read the posting Hx it is very clear what the agenda is of this OP.

Question Re: Psych Eval for Custody

what is "Hx"?

Sorry, didn't mean to get all riled up. It just upsets me when I am seriously trying to protect a child, while trying to get the other parent to get some help, and I'm blindsided by 20 questions.

I lived in a home where there was psychological abuse my a parent who was mentally ill... I may not have a degree in psychology; but I have studied it and lived it.

I'm just wondering all about the psych evaluation process; when it's considered, when it's not, how to do it etc.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast