Default Signed Lease, Paid Rent, Living There but Now Landlord Won't Sign

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Pennsylvania
    We have paid for a credit check, signed the lease, paid a deposit and first months rent, utilities, and now the landlord says we all need co-signors. This is not in the lease, but was asked for verbally after signature of the lease. Specifically he wants our parents to co-sign and no one else. We all have jobs and passed the prereq credit check ( I even have a car paid for by myself free and clear). My parents wont sign, since they dont trust him, and his iffy micro-managing of having us checked and waiving our 30 day notice. When I told him I had no co signor, he then said that was okay so long as he got a single check from 1 person responsible. We did that first rent, no problem. Now he is back to saying we need co-signors all or no lease. Through all of this he has still not signed the ;lease himself and it does not say in writing that we must have co-signors. We signed a lease and now he wont honor it! Help!

Default Re: Signed Lease, Paid Rent, Living There but Now Landlord Won't Sign

You moved in and have started paying rent? The issue is he won't agree to the lease until you have an acceptable co-signer? Then you're a month-to-month tenant.

If you never completed the entry into a lease contract, there's no lease to "honor".

1. Sponsored Links