My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: California (Santa Ana, Orange County court)
I was so unlucky with the cops. I got two speeding tickets in 3 days! The first one was at 80 and the second one was at 84. They are both on the tollroad in Orange County with the Santa Ana court. AND I was still taking online traffic school at the time for my previous speeding ticket on a surface street in Long Beach! I know I shouldn't have speeded, but common, it must have something to do with the luck
I have a few questions before I decide what to do:
1. Does anyone know if judge at Santa Ana still grants Level II traffic school (traffic school for people who has already taken traffic school in 18 months)?
2. If I go to the court for one of the ticket and ask for Level II traffic school, and the judge doesn't give it to me, can I ask for a TRIAL BY DECORATION at that time? Is it likely that he'll grant it to me? I mean requesting to go to traffic school isn't admitting guilt and I should have right to plea not guilty, right? And I want to do the trial by decoration first.
3. If I request Informal Discovery, and do not get it within the required time frame (15 days if delivered in person and 20 days if mailed), I may want to file "motion to dismiss" (I learned that from the book "How to Fight Tickets and Win in California). Can I file the motion via mail strictly or do I have to request a hearing with a judge at the arraignment? Does the motion have to be heard by a judge in person?
4. Anyone recommend a good traffic lawyer who is familiar with the Orange County courts (Santa Ana court in particular) and charges a reasonable price? The ones I found are all very expensive.
5. Anyone used www.2fixyourtrafficticket.com? Are they any good? They fight the tickets with Trial by Decoration and the price is relatively cheap compared to the lawyers' prices.
You don't have to have the answers for all my questions in order to reply. Any help is appreciated. I am so stressed over those tickets...