Default Visa Waiver Program With a Criminal Past

Hi, Iv been to the USA in the past six months trough the vwp and although i have a criminal record i went straight through imigration no questions asked.

Now i didnt try to defraud the system i actually didnt understand the questions, firstly i didnt know what moral tirpitude is, hmm still unsure but iv been told its teft ! !
    also i tought i read, did you commit any of the following in the last 5 years ! !
    Now iv been informed i was wrong and i should have declared my past at the port of entry. Past bieng a couple of charges of theft for which i pleaded guilty to one and was found guilty of the other when i was a teen.
    These would be classed as minor offences in my Country (Ireland)

My question is, i am returning to the US next week, the ESTA form i filled before is valid for three years, altough i now know i should have declared my past. If i travel to the US as planned and tick the box yes i have a crinimal past on the green slip the airline hands out. When they question me on this Will imigration let me trough if i explain what happened last time or is it better just to re enter and say nothing? I just dont want this to come back to haunt me at a later stage. Please help me on this. Thanks

Default Re: Visa Waiver Program With a Criminal Past

Although I would like to have the ability to do so, I can't predict for you what will happen when you present that information to an immigration officer. But if you're caught lying in an effort to enter the U.S., the consequence is severe, so I certainly don't suggest that.

1. Sponsored Links