Default Father Wanting Custody After Mother Goes in Military

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Ohio

I have a 6 yr old daughter from a woman that I was never married to. My name is on the birth certificate an I have taken my daughter on weekends like clock work. The mother got married this year an two weeks ago she left for 6-9 months to go through basic training and schooling in Texas for the Airforce reserves. I have always expressed interest in getting some type of custody of my daughter and now I was wondering if there are any laws that would favor me getting custody now that the mother is gone and she is currently in care of her new step father.

Thank you for any help.

Default Re: Father Wanting Custody After Mother Goes in Military

Quote Quoting SingleFather
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Ohio

I have a 6 yr old daughter from a woman that I was never married to. My name is on the birth certificate an I have taken my daughter on weekends like clock work. The mother got married this year an two weeks ago she left for 6-9 months to go through basic training and schooling in Texas for the Airforce reserves. I have always expressed interest in getting some type of custody of my daughter and now I was wondering if there are any laws that would favor me getting custody now that the mother is gone and she is currently in care of her new step father.

Thank you for any help.
    Do you have any court orders at all establishing paternity and custody?

If you don't, at this point you have no rights, except to file for paternity and custody.
    You should speak to a local attorney to see what your options are since Mother is away.

Default Re: Father Wanting Custody After Mother Goes in Military

You should have taken care of this BEFORE the mother left. Now that she's gone, I don't think a judge would change anything since she is unavailable (and for good reason).

1. Sponsored Links