Unhappy Does the National Retail Theft Database Affect Future Employment

I was put on a national retail theft database. I can't get a job- do anyone know anything about this database? Should it affect my background because no one would hire me. I have never been in jail, but I am on this database.

Default Re: National Retail Theft Database

The National Retail Theft Database is where you wind up if you've been busted for shoplifting.

You need not have gone to jail or even had the police involved. If you were caught shoplifting and only had a civil demand, you're in there.

The bad news is that until your name drops out of it, you're going to have a difficult time getting employment with anyone who includes the NRTD in their background checking. (Many employers - nearly all retailers, but many others as well - include this.)

The good news is that it works sort of like a credit report. After 7 years, you're supposed to be flushed out.

Do you know if Costco submit their shoplifters to this list? (Also in very minor case. no police involved, no civil demand. only membership cancellation)

Most retailers do, but there's no definitive list.

(There's a reason for that.)

Thanks for the speedy response

1. Sponsored Links