Default Mother Manipulating Order to Prolong Child Support

My question involves emancipation laws for the State of: New Jersey

I was never married to my Daughters mother and she recently filed a motion regarding college expenses. The mother requested that I pay 90% of a $42,000/year school. Although the judge felt that the tution was to high, he ordered that I pay 90% of a $22,000 school. He also ordered the Child Support to be reduced by 50% while my daughter lived on Campus. The plan has since changed and she is now going to attend a state school for $10,000 and claims she cannot live on campus. And now I'm hearing that she may not even attend the fall semester but may start in the Spring. A few questions, the mother is clearly encouraging my daugther to commute to not have the CS reduced. She is also encouring her to wait until next spring so the CS can be prolonged. Can I have my daugther emancipated if she does not attened college full-time this fall? Can I ask for my daugther to live with me since I live much closer to the school and reduce CS? She now claims there is no financial aid where there was $9,500 when she was planning the $42,000 /yr school. She is minipulating the order for her financial gain. Advice?

Default Re: Mother Manipulating Order to Prolong Child Support

I can't read your court order from here. What exactly does it say about when support ends?

Your daughter is an adult now? Then she gets to choose where she lives.

1. Sponsored Links