Default How Convincing is DNA Testing

I'm defending a paternity suit, being certain I'm not the dad, just the stooge.

At the court's request her team arranged DNA tests. They arranged a six loci test which came back declaring it is 99% probable I'm the dad. BUT....

Of the 6 loci tested one is different to both her and me. She and I share the same loci on four test sites. So there's only one left that could only be from me.

More than that. The baby was born normally, at normal body weight and normal development. (I was told it came at full term). But when I count the weeks off on the calendar, it arrived 35 1/2 weeks after we were in the hay together. I keep reading that should be normally about 38 - 40 weeks.

Can anyone venture some experienced advice about my chances of defending.
    Thanks

Default Re: How Convincing is DNA Testing

DNA testing is pretty darned convincing. Unless you've got a counter test of your own that says differently, you've got little to no chance of beating a DNA test.

Although laws are different in each state, there probably is a means by which you can obtain corroborative testing at your own expense.

Quote Quoting colin-o
    View Post
    More than that. The baby was born normally, at normal body weight and normal development. (I was told it came at full term). But when I count the weeks off on the calendar, it arrived 35 1/2 weeks after we were in the hay together. I keep reading that should be normally about 38 - 40 weeks.

Can anyone venture some experienced advice about my chances of defending.
    Thanks
    FYI – gestational weeks are figured from the first day of the last period, not the time of conception. The first day is usually about 14 days before conception. So your estimation that the baby was born at 35.5 weeks from conception is actually 37.5 weeks. Full term is considered 37-40 weeks.
    By the way, you can have normal weight and development earlier than 37 weeks. Three of mine were 7+ pounds perfectly healthy at 36 and 37 weeks.

If you are truly concerned that you are not the father, look for a lab that does at least 13 loci are tested. You’ll have to pay for the test on your own. I think it will be a waist of time.

With the lower loci tested you are more likely to get a less accurate result but what it does is make it more likely the father will be excluded when, in fact, he is the true father.

I think you need to face reality that you are the father.

You can ask for a better test, but you are talking more money and time. Back support will be adding up. For your peace of mind, you can pay for another one and the issue will be resolved.

1. Sponsored Links