Default Pay Vehicle Registration if Moving Out of State

My question involves insurance law for the state of: CALIFORNIA

I am planning to move to Colorado in about 30-45 days and am moving from California where I will register my vehicle in that state. My vehicle registration is due in about a week for the amount of $237. CA does not offer a partial refund. I really would not like to pay this as I will hardly be using it! What is the penalty for being caught without a registered vehicle in CA? Can I register it in Colorado when I get there without a valid registration in CA or will they require me to pay the CA registration first? I am also going to be traveling in Europe for a few weeks before I move so am considering planned non-operation.

Default Re: Pay Vehicle Registration if Moving Out of State

I think your car might be in storage when you travel to Europe. Not by your choice of course, but all the same, it might be in storage.

1. Sponsored Links