Default Changing the Child Custody Order

This matter is in the state of Mississippi.

Can the parent who has full physcial custody lose custody if they are not allowing an open communication between the non-custodial parent and child? Also, can custody be taken away if the custodial parent is not allowing the non-custodial parent to have a relationship with the child? The custodial parent is bipolar/manic and their constant display of their emotions and feelings towards non-custodial parent is causing child not to talk to non-custodial parent.

Default Re: Changing the Child Custody Order

Quote Quoting haley84
    View Post
    This matter is in the state of Mississippi.

Can the parent who has full physcial custody lose custody if they are not allowing an open communication between the non-custodial parent and child? Also, can custody be taken away if the custodial parent is not allowing the non-custodial parent to have a relationship with the child? The custodial parent is bipolar/manic and their constant display of their emotions and feelings towards non-custodial parent is causing child not to talk to non-custodial parent.
    Possibly. What does your attorney advise you to do?

Default Re: Changing the Child Custody Order

My lawyer has mentioned that I could possibly have a good case. However, my ex wife did file a simple assault against me a few years ago because I dropped our son off with her after spending the weekend with me and my fiance, and he had a very small red mark on his face. While he was with me, and my fiance was present, he had one of his tantrums and in the mist of us calming him down, he hit me in the face and my fiance in the leg with a toy car, and my hand hit him in the face from his kicking and moving his arms around. My ex wife is not willing to drop the charges and I am afraid that that will be held against me and I will be found guilty for something that I never did, and yes I don't like knowing, even though it was an accident and I did not take my hand and "punch him" like she and our son are saying, that this has threathen the emotional well-being of our son and possibly caused him to think bad of his father. Even the story as to what happened that our son and my ex wife have told to counselors are alittle different. I am also in the military so I also fear that that and the chances of me having to move every couple of years will hender me getting custody of our son. I don't like the effect that my ex wife is having on our son and our constant fighting, or her need to not include me in our son's life except to pay for everything, is affecting him in a negative way.

1. Sponsored Links