Default New York visitation problems

I have been trying to find out how to get my ex-husband to follow the visitation agreement. He seems to think he can come and go as he pleases, pick up and drop off our 2 year old son when he feels. I have repeatedly asked for him to call the evening before his scheduled visitation day to verify the pick up time and location, but that only lasted a month or so. Our divorce agreement is very specific on the times but he doesn't seem to want to follow any of that.

On any website or book I have picked up on child custody and visitation it only talks about what he should do if I refuse him visitation. I have given him a copy of the visitation schedule (which he already has) and he claims its false and makes up what every is convienent for him at the time. I am not looking to take away his visitation, but trying to have him understand and follow the agreement. I need help on what to do to get him to follow the legal document we both signed. The divorce is on a few months old, is it too soon to return to court to try to have him be more responsible or is there another approach I should try?

Default Problems with Visitation Schedule

You may well ultimately have to go back to court, and have a very specific parenting time schedule entered with his losing the parenting time if he does not appear within a specific timeframe.

Were you represented by a lawyer in the divorce and custody proceedings? If so, you may wish to discuss your scheduling problems with that lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links