Default Locked Out of Apartment After Temp Order of Protection is Lifted

My wife filed for a temporary order of protection against me and the order was lifted, since she basically lied and could not prove the lies. During the time the order was in effect the landlord changed the locks on the apartment and the mailbox. I agreed that I would come back to the apt on a certain day and get certain items. My son is also on the lease as an occupant.
    The apartment complex manager refuses to give us keys to the apartment or mailbox. Can the landlord refuse to give me keys with no court order to keep me or my son out of the apartment?

Default Re: Locked Out of Apartment After Temp Order of Protection is Lifted

Why does he refuse to give you keys? Are you on the lease? If so, were you released from the lease in association with the PPO petition and your subsequent separation?

Why do you need keys, if you have in fact moved out and merely need to collect some personal items?

Your son is how old? Where does he live? This is not your wife's son?

Default Re: Locked Out of Apartment After Temp Order of Protection is Lifted

My son is 20 years old and not her son.

Yes I am on the lease and need to get cable boxes that need to be turned in to the cable company, Personal Items as well as all my clothes, exercise equipment (I am recovering from multiple strokes and need to exercise 6 times a week, I have a bowflex machine for this purpose because I can't lift weights, and all my professional books. I am a computer programmer and I program in 5 languages and have a large library that I depend on. My mail is in there ,lastly why shouldn't I have keys, it's my apartment.

No the landlord did not release me from the lease, I am still paying the rent to keep my record clear of evictions.

1. Sponsored Links