Default Community Service Agencies

Hi there.

I got cited for failure to stop at a stop sign in San Anselmo (Marin County), California and am not arguing or trying to get out of it. I considered doing community service instead of paying (It's a $212 fine), and I've been informed that it's 21 hours, plus traffic school over a period of 60 days.

Now, I asked the court clerk dude if it was possible for me to just get a list of the agencies to just look through them, and he said he couldn't, unless I paid the fee first.
    It's apparently $26/$76 dollars to do community service, and $49 for traffic school, but that's just the court fee... and I have to pay my own way with traffic school. I'm sorry I'm not clear with the information, but I had been standing in line for over an hour, had only gotten 4 hours of sleep and had to wake up at 6 in the morning, so I was a little frustrated that when my turn came up, the dude said his system was down and that general info was all he could provide me.

Why is it that he can't provide me with a list of the agencies without my having to pay them first? (Which, of course, I couldn't do because his system was down). Is it possible for me to get the information or is paying the only way? And also what is the $49 fee for if I have to pay for traffic school as well?

(The reason why I want to find out what the agencies are is so I can see if I am able to get my work schedule to work with their requirements, and also to see what kind of services they require. Do I have to pay first to find this out and then discover I made a mistake then I have to pay again???)

Default Re: Community Service Agencies

What fee are you talking about? A fee to purchase a copy of the list, or the fee to qualify for the community service program? If it's the latter, and you want to know his rationale, you should ask him or try asking his supervisor.

1. Sponsored Links