Question Anything I Can Do to Get This Thrown Out

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CA

On Wed August 12th 2009 in the evening, an LAPD officer had pulled me over and given me a citation for driving on the wrong side of the road (CVC 21650). The fact of the matter is, I was passing a slower vehicle, there is not any evidence of signs posted saying that you can not pass, as well as no double yellows lines.

There were speed bumps, but I was under the posted speed limit and safely made my pass. And they put that the infraction was performed a ways down the street where they pulled me over.

Is there any way I can fight this without chance of losing? I really feel this ticket is unjust and I am going to return to the scene and take pictures for evidence reasons. Please help me!!!

Default Re: Anything I Can Do to Get This Thrown Out

21650. Upon all highways, a vehicle shall be driven upon the right
    half of the roadway, except as follows:
    (a) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the
    same direction under the rules governing that movement.
    Seems like what you are saying IS a good defense. Is the cop going to say you weren't passing? Is he going to say you did so illegally?

Question Re: Anything I Can Do to Get This Thrown Out

Quote Quoting EWYLTJ
    View Post
    Seems like what you are saying IS a good defense. Is the cop going to say you weren't passing? Is he going to say you did so illegally?
    Yes, He said it was illegal for me to pass.... and I dont know why. There werent any posted signs or double yellow lines... just the speed humps. He saw me pass the other vehicle... even though it appeared I was in the legal right to do so (I was under the speed limit when I passed), because the person in front of me was going wayyy slower than me. So I decided to pass him. If its illegal to pass when there are speed humps in the way, they should mention it in the drivers handbook. Why would I drive on the wrong side of the road in a residential area? thats just flat out ignorant....

I have an externship coming up that will require me to drive... and a possible great job opporitunity. Should I fight this and possibly lose the job due to that single point that I might get if I lose? Or should I just pay it and not deal with the hassle? Im stuck... I need more advice, I really think the cop did this to ruin my day.

1. Sponsored Links