I hit a car with liability - for Bodily 100,000/300,000
and property $5000

(during the insurance policy which was filled out online I misread the policy and thought group A was for the accident itself and property damage associated with hitting other things)

This being my first accident with another car.

So I am fine for bodily since it was a 25mph crash. But property damage will easily exceed that amount of $5000.

Is there anything I can do to either protect myself.

I know that the other insurance AAA (party I hit) has something called uninsured motorist that will cover up to 3500. Could that money be used to make up for my limit.

If it exceeds my limits and I am unable to pay that amount what remedies do I have and are there any other policies that might protect me.