Default Is There a Time Limit for the Car Insurance Being Liable for the Car Repair Costs

I got a check from my former insurance (I have already changed the insurance) one and half year ago after submission of my collision claim but have not had my car repaired yet. Recently, I tried to have the same damage repaired. The body shop’s estimate is higher than the insurance estimate. I contacted my former insurance about it but they did not reply. Do you know whether there is a time limit to have the car repaired after the insured received an insurance check? Is my former insurance still liable for the actual costs for the same damage? Please advise me how I should do?

Default Re: Is There a Time Limit for the Car Insurance Being Liable for the Car Repair Costs

Is there a time limit on you? You didn't give enough information to get more than a guess, but it sounds like the insurance company has cut you a check to settle and close your case and, if you accepted that as the resolution, it's up to you to decide if and when you want to repair your car.

Default Re: Is There a Time Limit for the Car Insurance Being Liable for the Car Repair Costs

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    Is there a time limit on you? You didn't give enough information to get more than a guess, but it sounds like the insurance company has cut you a check to settle and close your case and, if you accepted that as the resolution, it's up to you to decide if and when you want to repair your car.
    Probably you had no auto accident experience before. What do you mean by “you accepted that as the resolution?” The insurance send you a check based on its estimate. The insured has a choice when and whether to have his car repaired. When the insured has his car repaired, the repair shop doses not accept the insurance estimate. So the issue arises. Now the question is whether the insurance is liable for the difference between the shop and insurance estimate. Does anyone know the answer?

1. Sponsored Links